• To support the Wellbeing House Manager to deliver a service that is fully compliant with the relevant health and safety legislation, regulation and policy guidance issued by AWS.
• Ensure that a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained throughout the kitchens, to meet the required standards of practice prescribed by Environmental Health Agencies.
• To conform to AWS Food Hygiene procedures.
• Ensure all equipment used is well maintained, in good working order and report repairs directly to the contact centre.
• To prepare, cook and present well-balanced nutritious meals and beverages to the highest quality incorporating cultural and dietary requirements of all residents.
• To engage with residents to plan menus that reflects choice and preferences to maintain high levels of satisfaction.
• Purchase supplies in accordance with the planned menu, whilst monitoring and controlling stock levels.
• Action efficiently and professionally, any issues identified during the quarterly audits completed by the Service Manager.
• Aim to deliver the highest possible standard of food hygiene rating for the service
• To respond to the other needs or residents as required in an emergency if the Wellbeing House Manager or their deputy is absent from site.
• To act as a team member and contribute and participate in any training, meetings and conferences to promote the work of Abbeyfield.
• Line management of catering staff, and other staff as may be determined to support the Service Manager.
• To report immediately to the Wellbeing House Manager or Deputy House Manager any safeguarding concerns relating to the welfare of the residents
• To support the Service Manager to monitor and manage the onsite catering budget.
• Provide cover for other team members during periods of absence, whether planned or unplanned, this could require stepping out of own designated role in part or whole in consultation and directed by the Service Manager, and could mean having to provide wellbeing support to residents and carryout all relevant health & safety checks in line with AWS procedures.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
Job Closing Date:
19 November 2021