Deputy House Manager/Cook
24 Hours per week, may include weekends
£8.92 per hour
Main Job Role
To prepare cook and serve a two course lunch for up to 10 residents, and then prepare cook and serve high tea in the early evening.
Make available Tea & Coffee for residents in the communal areas of the house
Ensure the wellbeing of all residence.
Deputise for the House Manager in their absence. You will work independently under the direction of the house manager.
As deputy you will be required to carry out the following key accountabilities in the absence of the manager
• Ensure that the service is fully compliant with the relevant health and safety legislation, regulation and policy guidance issued by AWS.
• Be the main point of contact for residents and ensure high levels of satisfaction about the service provided to residents
• To act as the key local point of contact for the service and promote the service in the local community to maximize local understanding about the service on offer and to minimize rental loss through vacant rooms
• To ensure that the needs of residents are appropriately taken into account in the services we provide (specifically the meal service) and that the service offers variety & caters for the range of dietary needs of individual residents
• To recruit and lead the staff team(including volunteers), supervise the staff team and manage training & performance and report to line managers where any remedial action is needed
• To actively engage as a team member, contribute and participate in any training, meetings and conferences to promote the work of Abbeyfield.
• To report immediately to the Service Manager any safeguarding concerns relating to the welfare of the residents
As deputy in the absence of the manager you may be required to carry out any of the following tasks when on duty:
• Manage enquiries and participate in the assessment and lettings process
• Manage vacancies in accordance with AWS policies and procedures
• Contribute to budget discussions and manage the budget for the house with the support of the Service Manager
• Manage the staff team to ensure the adequate staffing cover is provided to deliver the service, report and manage absences and recruit and induct new staff.
• Ensure the staff team are appropriately trained and supervised
• Ensure that the house is compliant with all relevant health and safety legislation at all times and to ensure records are maintained to evidence this in accordance with AWS policies and procedures.
• Report repairs in accordance with AWS Policies and procedures
This post is subject to a DBS check.
Job Closing Date:
29 January 2021
Apply for the role of Deputy House Manager/Cook