Wellbeing House Manager
• When necessary, liaise with residents’ families, doctors, social services etc over residents’ welfare
• Take appropriate action where medical support or advice is needed and notify the appropriate people of action taken e.g. contact a Doctor if required and notify the resident’s next of kin.
• Be the first point of contact for residents/relatives with regards to complaints and conflict and resolve all issues professionally, effectively and to the satisfaction of those involved
• Take a lead role in addressing resident’s welfare needs by reducing social isolation and increasing mental stimulation. This is to be achieved by the development, of a range of events and activities from which they can choose to participate in, within the House and/or within the community.
• To manage enquiries and participate in the assessment and lettings process
• To manage vacancies in accordance with AWS’s policies and procedures
• To contribute to budget discussions and manage the budget for the house with the support of the Service Manager
• To manage the staff team to ensure the adequate staffing cover is provided to deliver the service, report and manage absences and recruit and induct new staff.
• Ensure all staff are fully aware of all operational needs including any changes to working practices
• Effectively supervise staff and ensure that their performance meets expectations at all times
• Effectively communicate all AWS polices and procedures with staff through regular formal supervision meetings
• Ensure that all staff complete the AWS core training requirement
• Effectively deal with any performance issues and record any disputes
• Ensure that the house is vibrant, homely and welcoming to visitors and residents
• Ensure that all communal parts of the house are kept clean and tidy at all times
• Ensure that the house is secure at all times whilst on duty
• Ensure all relevant Health and Safety checks are carried out, recorded and reported in compliance with AWS
• To report repairs in accordance with AWS Policies and procedures
• Take lead role in ensuring that all fire safety regulations are adhered to by all staff and residents
• Ensure that First Aid Boxes are fully stocked and replenished after use.
• Ensure that required information is accurate and kept up to date at all times. This includes daily diary, resident’s records, staff records including training, Health & Safety records, Fire Safety, Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPS) incident book, accident book and any other records as necessary.
• Ensure that all purchases are within allocated budgets
• Communicate all purchases to the Service Manager
• To promote the house and services provided locally with statutory and voluntary agencies and maintain an awareness in the local community of the service
This post is subject to a DBS check.
Job Closing Date:
19 November 2021
Apply for the role of Wellbeing House Manager